[fdo-users] Provider Properties Details Wish

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Thu Feb 26 10:36:39 EST 2009

Hi,

The FDO provider classes have methods that enable the auto generation of the
user interfaces that create a FDO connection. However there is some
information the providers should provide but don’t / could.

For instance, it is not possible to find out if a string parameter
represents a file name, or a password. So the auto generated user interface
code cannot instantiate the file open panel, or anonymize a password field.

I assume this seemingly simple change would require a fairly major RFC and
support by all the providers.
If there are alternative workarounds to this I would be glad to hear...