[fdo-users] SQL 2008. View with JOINS. Not able to selectfeatures on the layer.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Feb 28 15:09:14 EST 2009

Brent,

Do you think that the capabilities reporting change for #469 is non-invasive enough that it could be implemented prior to 3.4 release?

If the provider already supports configuration, it looks to me like it would only require a couple lines in FdoRdbmsSqlServerConnectionCapabilities.h and FdoRdbmsSqlServerConnectionCapabilities.cpp.  I don't know enough about C++ to know whether overriding these inherited properties in the sql server connection capabilities class would break anything though.

This question has come up quite a few times on the mailing lists now, and it would be nice to at least have a workaround for supporting SQL Server views.

Jason