[fdo-users] MapGuide MapGuide 2.1.0 (Beta) with PostGIS provider

Mike Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 1 21:48:03 EDT 2009

The error message "Cannot establish connection" tells me that you might
need to revise the connection settings (details at
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoPostGISNotes ). If you are not using a
superuser account (i.e., postgres), make sure you are using an account
that has connect/view permissions on essential tables
(public.geometry_columns, etc.) and the tables you want to see. Test the
connection/data visualization from the same computer with other
applications, such as uDig or QGIS.

Regarding ticket #530:
Keep in mind, I'm not entirely convinced this is a completely valid
issue due to the limited extent of testing. It may work with recent
versions of PostGIS on a Windows platform, for instance.

-Mike