[fdo-users] Use Fdo to retrieve data from a USGS ASCII DEM file

semis semis2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:32:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a new gay for Fdo, I'm very excited that Fdo can connect to so many
formats of GIS files. But I also have some problem when I use Fdo to process
the USGS ASCII DEM files.

In the first step, I can open the connection to GDAL provider successfully.
Then I also can read schema information and the class information, the names
of schema and class are all "default". The default class has two properties,
"FeatureId" and "Raster". But how can I get other information from the
raster file, such as elevation value? Is the information contained in the
Raster property? If so, how can I get the information from it? Should I
create a new schema for this kind of file?

I saw that the data in Raster property is a bytes array when the "Select"
command is executed, and the RasterModelType is RasterDataModelType_Gray,
how can I convert this byte array to a Bitmap? I found that the BitsPerPixel
property in Raster is 16, and I set R, G, B value in the new Bitmap to the
first 8 bits, then I get an ugly bitmap. How do I use the following 8 bits?

Any comments and ideas will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

semis