[fdo-users] Clarification of Spatial Context

Cary Peebles Cary.Peebles at pb.com
Thu May 14 08:34:05 EDT 2009

I am trying to use FDO to connect to a variety of data sources. I am a little
unclear about the coordinate systems. The connection will display available
spatial contexts and a geometric property will indicate it's associated
spatial context. I have noticed that the associated spatial context does not
always appear in the connection's list until that context is set as the
active spatial context.

Are the geometry data returned in the coordinate system identified by the
geometric property's associated spatial context or are they converted to one
that is identified as active on the connection? Do I have to set the context
on the connection each time I do a fetch of a geometry? For example, I am
accesing two different shapefiles and they are in two different coordinate
systems and I am a bit confused on how to properly work with the contexts.