[fdo-users] Insert new feature object on SHP File

Matteo matteo.conte1979 at libero.it
Sun Nov 1 15:13:33 EST 2009

Hi all,
  I'm new on FDO. I try to insert a new feature object on a shp file with
VB.NET but i get this error "The type of geometry ( 'PolyLineM')
geographical entity creates a conflict with the type of shape file (
'Polyline')."
This is the code:
Dim objCmdI As Commands.Feature.IInsert =
objConn.CreateCommand(Commands.CommandType.CommandType_Insert)
        objCmdI.SetFeatureClassName(objClass.Name)
        Dim objPropsValues As Commands.PropertyValueCollection =
objCmdI.PropertyValues()
        Dim objPropV As Commands.PropertyValue = New
Commands.PropertyValue()
        objPropV.SetName("ID")
        objPropV.Value = New OSGeo.FDO.Expression.Int32Value(2)

        objPropsValues.Add(objPropV)
        objPropV = New Commands.PropertyValue()
        objPropV.SetName("Geometry")
        Dim objGeomV As Geometry.FgfGeometryFactory = New
Geometry.FgfGeometryFactory()

        Dim objCoords(5) As Double
        objCoords(0) = 0
        objCoords(1) = 0
        objCoords(2) = 10
        objCoords(3) = 10
        objCoords(4) = 50
        objCoords(5) = 20

        Dim objLine As Geometry.ILineString = objGeomV.CreateLineString(2,
3, objCoords)

        objPropV.Value = New
OSGeo.FDO.Expression.GeometryValue(objGeomV.GetFgf(objLine))
        objPropsValues.Add(objPropV)
        objCmdI.Execute()
        objConn.Flush()

Can you help me?