[fdo-users] FDO 3.5, .net and PostGIS

Brent Robinson brent.robinson at autodesk.com
Wed Apr 14 13:00:09 EDT 2010

Hi Matteo,

The PostgreSQL provider handles the connection a bit differently. It maps the FDO datastore to a PostgreSQL database, and then exposes all the schemas that are present. Try the following for service and datastore:

objConnProp.SetProperty("Service", < server:port>)
objConnProp.SetProperty("DataStore", <DBName>)

A fix was made to the trunk to improve the connection error message (show the error generated by the PostgreSQL server). However, this will not show up until the next version after FDO 3.5

Which providers would you be using to create the datastore in 3.5 and access it in 3.4?

Brent.