[fdo-users] Re: SQLite provider and transactions/batch inserts/

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 05:53:24 EDT 2010

Hi Igor,

I use the following bulk insert logic for FDO Toolbox. It is based on the
SQLiteConverter implementation, and has no adverse performance effects (that
I know of) for other providers:

Create the fdo insert command *ONCE*
Obtain a pointer/reference to its PropertyValues collection

For each feature to be inserted:
- Clear this collection
- Load up with property values to be inserted
- Execute the insert command
- Repeat

The key here is creating the insert command once, and reusing the property
value collection repeatedly.

Since you're working with C++ directly, you might as well look at the
SQLiteConverter source as it does what I just described.

- Jackie