[fdo-users] Multiple Refs in Providers.XML to Same Provider DLL

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Sun Feb 7 15:48:46 EST 2010

All,

With the current schitzophrenic nature of the Oracle provider acting as
either "King.Oracle" or "OSGeo.KingOracle" depending on the build I found
some projects that had a name I was not expecting.

Rather than edit the connection details, instead I just added a duplicate
entry into "providers.xml" - hence, now having both names but obviously
referencing the same DLL.

Is this a bad idea?  Does it matter?