[fdo-users] Opening FDO 3.5 SQLite datastore with previous FDO 3.4

Igor Jarm igor at sl-king.com
Tue Jul 27 09:22:23 EDT 2010

Hello,

I was under the impression that FDO 3.4 should be able to open FDO 3.5.
datastores, but I have problems with that.

Describe schema and select both throw exception:
  "(.\Src\Fdo\Schema\GeometricPropertyDefinition.cpp: 110) The provided
input is invalid for the current mapping process."

This file contains a geometric property of type FdoGeometricType_All but
that's beside the point since this property has to stay.

I tryed to set the new datastore/connection property UseFdoMetadata both to
TRUE and to FALSE with the same exception:
  FdoPtr<FdoIDataStorePropertyDictionary> dictionary =
pCreateCmd->GetDataStoreProperties();
  dictionary->SetProperty( L"UseFdoMetadata", L"TRUE" );//and L"FALSE"

I also tryed opening this file in Map 2010 and while "Data connect" reports
no error it also doesn't show any schema or class, so it doesn't work.

Is there a way for FDO 3.4 SQLite provider to open FDO 3.5. SQLite file?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Igor Jarm