[fdo-users] OSGeo.PostgreSQL.3.5 Provider IGetSpatialContexts

hanko hana.jaborova at spatialtechnology.se
Wed Jun 9 03:49:43 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm using the FDO to connect to PostGIS  ("OSGeo.PostgreSQL.3.5")
I have created a new postgis database 'gisdb' with  ICreateDataStore command
.
I n pgAdmin III I can see that it was created with schema 'public' that
contains two tables geometry_columns and spatial_ref_sys.

Then I tryed to create a new FeatureSchema. For GeometricPropertyDefinition
geom I defined
geom.SpatialContextAssociation = "3007"; 	//Srid
When I tryed to apply a new created  FeatureSchema I gott an exception:

Message:	"Schema MySchema has errors; cannot apply it "
InnerException = {"The spatial context name associated with geometry
property 'GEOMETRY' of the feature class 'Water' not found "}

I used a  function GetSpatialContexts() that should list all spatial context
but it returned nothinhg.

public ReadOnlyCollection<SpatialContextInfo> GetSpatialContexts()
{
	List<SpatialContextInfo> contexts = new List<SpatialContextInfo>();
	IConnectionPropertyDictionary connProperties =
FDOConnection.ConnectionInfo.ConnectionProperties;
	connProperties.SetProperty("Username", _userPostGIS);
	connProperties.SetProperty("Password", _passwordPostGIS);
	connProperties.SetProperty("Service", _servicePostGIS);
	connProperties.SetProperty("DataStore", _dataStore);
	FDOConnection.Open();
	if (FDOConnection.ConnectionState == ConnectionState.ConnectionState_Open)
	{
		using (IGetSpatialContexts get =
FDOConnection.CreateCommand(OSGeo.FDO.Commands.CommandType.CommandType_GetSpatialContexts)
as IGetSpatialContexts)
		{
			get.ActiveOnly = false;
			using (ISpatialContextReader reader = get.Execute())
			{
				while (reader.ReadNext())	//nothing returned
				{
					SpatialContextInfo info = new SpatialContextInfo(reader);
					contexts.Add(info);
				}
			}
		}