[fdo-users] Resource ID does not refer to a valid feature source

Heddo Klandermans h.klandermans at hawarIT.com
Fri Nov 19 03:48:35 EST 2010

Hi,

Using MapGuide Studio 2010 I can make a succesful  connection to my
database by FDO PostGIS connection (PostGreSQL 8.4 + PostGIS 3.4). Also
(geometric) tables can be read to create layers.
After performing some changes in the database table structure the Data
connection was still ok, but MG had problems in getting table-data for
the layers. I fixed this by a Vacuum Analyse on the database and finally
a reindex. This worked well and solved the problems.

After another change in my databse now data connection is still ok, but
when trying to create a layer i get the message:
"Invalid Stream Header Exception" followed by "Resource ID does not
refer to a valid feature source".

Any attempt to create a new folder and/or data connection in MG using
FDOPostGIS connecting to that specific database gives the same problem:
data connection is succesful, when creating a layer it displays these
messages. Connecting to other databses does not give any problem.

I think this problem is caused by mismatch between Library settings and
Database. Did anyone experience similar problems and if so what can be
done to it?

Thx,

--
ir. H.D. (Heddo) Klandermans