[fdo-users] How to boost ISelect and IUpdate command performance

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Tue Nov 30 09:59:59 EST 2010

I need to use ISelect to do query for hundreds of thousand times. Every time
the filter string is the same but the binding variable changes. See sample
code below. I wonder how the performance can be maximized?
I know in Oracle I can use dynamic sql and binding variable to boost the
performance. Is there similar thing we can do to boost performance here in
FDO?

Dim fdoCmd As ISelect =
fdoConn.CreateCommand(CommandType.CommandType_Select)
Dim fdoReader As OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Feature.IFeatureReader = Nothing
Dim filterString As String = String.Format("( UFID = {0} )", ufid)
fdoCmd.SetFilter(filterString)
fdoCmd.Prepare()
fdoReader = swicSelCmd.Execute()

How about IUpdate command?