[fdo-users] Re: IInsert and Property Values and Using Sequences Question

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Fri Oct 15 04:39:13 EDT 2010

I started with KingOra (am working in Map 2010 so have options) and found two
other differences

 1) KingOra did not require the table to have primary keys set before
insert.  This negated the need for a sequence at all as I was quite happy to
have no PKey in my staging area.  Autodesk.Oracle requires PKey and hence I
needed to change the DB schema and hence the current problem.

So why did I not stay with KingOra?

 2) StartTransaction() is not yet enabled in KingOra so writing 1000 objects
with IInsert was taking a minute or so.  Using Autodesk.Oracle and
transactions means it is 1-2 seconds.