[fdo-users] Compile Issues on Debian Lenny 64bit

fruitwerks fruitwerks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 14:03:40 EDT 2010

Hello!

I am installing per the documentation and I keep running into the same
issue. I tried a few different versions and I only get this far;

FDO/Thirdparty/gdal/frmts -DOGR_ENABLED
-I/root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/gdal/port -c testepsg.cpp -o
testepsg.o >/dev/null 2>&1
/bin/sh /root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/gdal/libtool --mode=link g++
testepsg.o  /root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/gdal/libgdal.la \
                 -o testepsg
libtool: link: g++ testepsg.o -o .libs/testepsg
/root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/gdal/.libs/libgdal.so -L/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libgeos_c.so /usr/lib/libgeos.so /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so
/usr/lib/libexpat.so -lxerces-c -lpthread -lNCSEcw -lNCSCnet -lNCSUtil -lrt
-ldl /usr/lib/libcurl.so
libtool: link: creating testepsg
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/gdal/apps'
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`apache/xml-xalan/c/lib/libxalan-c.so.17.0', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/fdosvn/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I don't have any errors (that I noticed) previous to this one - I used
Gentoo for 10 years so it is easy for me to catch them before they become
fatal.
I have these packages installed, but I don't think that matters because FDO
compiles the bundled versions?

i A
libxalan110                                                               -
Provides XSLT support for applications
libxalan110-dev                                                           -
Provides XSLT support for applications [development]
libxalan110-doc                                                           -
Provides XSLT support for applications [development docs]
libxalan2-java                                                            -
XSL Transformations (XSLT) processor in Java
libxalan2-java-doc                                                        -
Documentation and examples for the Xalan-Java XSLT processor
libxalan2-java-gcj                                                        -
XSL Transformations (XSLT) processor in Java (native code)
xalan                                                                     -
XSLT processor

I tried to google the issue but didn't find much at all.

Thanks All!