[fdo-users] Is CurvePolygon implemented?

Steve Stanton sstanton at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 11 19:20:07 EST 2011

I'm trying to export some cadastral polygons to SDF, and quite a few of them contain circular arcs. I initially approximated these arcs with some closely spaced points, and successfully created IPolygon objects.

Then I discovered ICurvePolygon, which would let me export the arcs without any approximation. But when I try to call FgfGeometryFactory.CreateCurvePolygon, it just comes back with a null reference exception. The stack trace:

   at OSGeo.FDO.Runtime.Disposable.get_UnmanagedObject()
   at OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.RingCollection.GetImpObj()
   at OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.FgfGeometryFactory.CreateCurvePolygon(IRing exteriorRing, RingCollection interiorRings)
   at Backsight.Editor.SdfExporter.ExportCurvePolygon(Polygon pol) in C:\Users\sstanton\Code\Backsight.Editor\SdfExporter.cs:line 182

I also tried it with the SQLite provider, and got the same. Should I take this to mean that CurvePolygon isn't supported?

Steve