[fdo-users] (dbgql_define_rdb) Memory Error when call FDOCmd.Execute()

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Tue Feb 22 17:26:20 EST 2011

I am importing a large dataset from one gis source to another using FDO, I
got exception "(dbgql_define_rdb) Memory Error - Unable to allocate (114900
bytes)" when executing the code "FdoSelectCmd.Execute()".

What puzzles me is that there is sufficient (lots) memory on the machine,
and also after this FDO exceptioin, the program continuously run fine. I
mean .net code and Oracle command (both select and insert) allocates memory
and runs fine without complain.

The following is the snippet of the code. Why fdoCommand.Execute() complain
memory issue? I closed the fdoReader and dispose fdoReader and fdocommand
everytime when it is done.

Dim fdoCmd As OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Feature.ISelect =
fdoConn.CreateCommand(CommandType.CommandType_Select)
Dim fdoReader As OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Feature.IFeatureReader = Nothing
Dim filterString As String

fdoCmd.SetFeatureClassName("GIS_LOADTRANSFORMER")
filterString = String.Format("( UFID = {0} )", ufid)
fdoCmd.SetFilter(filterString)
fdoReader = fdoCmd.Execute()

fdoCmd.Dispose()
If Not fdoReader Is Nothing Then