[fdo-users] Re: OSM shape file limitations using with FDO due to : in column names

Dan Stoica dan.stoica at autodesk.com
Thu Jan 13 16:09:51 EST 2011

For clarification: per DBF specification ":" and "." are not illegal characters. Instead there is an FDO limitation at this time in the sense it cannot create property names containing ":" or "."

The trouble was that there are products out there able to create DBF files with columns containing ':' and the SHP provider was not able to read them.