[fdo-users] Create a dababase user in Postgis for Autocad Map

Aitor Gil Martin agmartin at getxo.net
Tue Dec 18 06:01:25 PST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use Autocad Map 3D 2012 with Postgis layers loaded using FDO.

I created a Postgis database user in order to be able to connect and control the access of the tables in the database, but when I have to choose the tables to add to the map, if the user is not set as superuser, the tables appear in grey (unselectable) and it says "The feature class doesn´t exist".

I understand that I need to grant permissions to some other postgis tables but I don´t know to which ones.

I tried using the FdoUserManager.exe installed in the Autocad Map installation to create the user but I have no choice to create a Postgis database user, I only have:

""Welcome to FdoUserManager V3.0

Choose a provider:

  0) Exit.

  1) Autodesk FDO Provider for SQL Server  (version 3.5.0.0)

  2) OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial (version 3.5.0.0)

  3) Autodesk FDO Provider for Oracle  (version 3.5.0.0)

  4) OSGeo FDO Provider for MySQL  (version 3.5.0.0)""

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Aitor