[fdo-users] problems with none ascii characters and OGR 3.3.

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Fri Feb 10 05:31:50 EST 2012

Hi there,

Im having problems with none ascii characters and OGR 3.3.

It seems that only danish letters or non ascii characters are case
sensitive. I have testet the following filters:

name Like 'B%'   - works
name Like 'b%'   - works
name Like 'Å%'   - works, because the text in the Mapinfo file starts with a
capital Å.
name Like 'å%'   - Doesnt not return anything.

Ive solved this problem on Oracles feature source, because it allows me to
use Upper(name) Like 'Å%'.

Can I use some sort of an Upper function with ORG? Or can I solve this
problem in another way?

Regards,
Birgir