[fdo-users] Memory issues when using FdoIGeometry

Snehal Joshi snehal.joshi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:11:11 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I am using FDO to read feature data from ArcSDE server which has large
number of objects. While I am able to read all the data, the memory usage
goes up really quickly and there is no significant change even after I call
the close() method on the feature reader.
After some debugging it looks like the reference count for the geometry (as
in the snippet below) doesn't go to zero even after the FdoPtr destructor
has been called. I am pretty sure it could be something I am missing, will
appreciate any pointers in this regard.

FdoPtr<FdoIGeometry> geometry =
geometryFactory->CreateGeometryFromFgf(geometryArray);

Thanks!