[fdo-users] Errors when using AutoCAD Map 2013/2014 and PostGIS/PostgreSQL (FDO 3.7.0/FDO 3.8.0)

Martin Mohring M.Mohring at cad-connect.de
Thu Oct 24 01:34:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

The scenario:
First we create a new DWG-file and establish a new FDO-connection to the PostGIS. Everthing works fine. All data will be queried and shown in AutoCAD.
Next, the file will be closed, the local "MapCache" delete and the DWG reopened. It's the same as opening the file on a second workstation.
During the startup/opening the FDO-connection will be automatic recreated. At this point AutoCAD Map freeze/crash.
If we don't save the password for the FDO-connection, the DWG opens fine because the FDO-connection keeps closed. Only when the connection to the Postgis will be recreated AutoCAD freezes again.

Sometimes the connection can be reconnect without errors. But later if we refresh the PostGIS layer in Autocad Map it crashes again.

The error can be reproduced on different Systems:
AutoCAD Map 2013 or 2014
and

PostGIS 2.0 (PostgreSQL 9.1 on Ubuntu 12.04)

PostGIS 2.0 (PostgreSQL 9.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2)

PostGIS 2.2 (PostgreSQL 9.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2)

We logged the database and the user system.
It seems that during an FDO-transaction (between "Begin Transaction" and "Commit") the connection gets closed and immediately reconnected. But the usersystem (FDO-client site) will not be notified.

Here's a simplified schema from the database log:

-          Begin Transaction

-          duration: 0.574 ms  parse <unnamed>: DECLARE fdo12 CURSOR FOR [...]

-          LOG:  duration: 1.071 ms  statement: FETCH 512 FROM fdo12

-          LOG:  duration: 0.483 ms  statement: FETCH 512 FROM fdo13

-          LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

-          LOG:  connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=61421

-          LOG:  connection authorized: user=autocad database=foo

-          ERROR:  prepared statement "fdo19" does not exist

-          STATEMENT:  DEALLOCATE fdo19Commit

Network errors can be excluded. We testet on different networks, direct connections an local installations.

Is there any solution/workaround for this strange behavior?

Kind regards,
Martin