[fdo-users] Setup ASP.NET application to run with FDO

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Apr 1 04:56:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

in my ASP.NET web application I would like to work with the FDO library.
When setting the path to FDO library in my environment variables then
everything is working fine.

But I would like to have my web app to work without this "hardcoded"
setting.

There where some suggestions in these posts:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FDO-in-C-ASP-Net-Web-Application-td3900526.html
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FDO-in-C-ASP-Net-Web-Application-td3900526.html>
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/problem-with-FDO-td3899122.html
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/problem-with-FDO-td3899122.html>

But unfortunately this doesn't seem to work.

What I've done so far:

1. Copy all files from FDOs bin folder to my web applications bin folder

2. Set EnvironmentPath in Application_Start (Global.asax):

3. Set reference to the following files:

4. Testing this setup with:

When executing the first line I get this error:

I suppose that someone has already solved this problem.
So, what can I do. Any ideas!

Thanks, Gunter