[fdo-users] Can't open the personal feature layer with X64 platform

casper leettin at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:06:33 PDT 2018

Hi Supporters,
I try to open a .mdb file with fdo personal feature layer on X64 platform,
but it is failed. If I run it on X86 platform, it runs successful. I don't
know how to make it correct.

Following statements are my test code:

var providerName = "OSGeo.OGR";
var connectionString = string.Format(@"DataSource={0};ReadOnly=TRUE",
@"C:\test\WinForms App2\WinForms App2\AppData\Portsmouth_2000.mdb");
var featureClassName = "ContactLn";
var idColumnName = "FeatGUID";
var fdoConnection =
FeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager().CreateConnection(providerName);
fdoConnection.ConnectionString = connectionString;
fdoConnection.Open();

An exception has been thrown :

An unhandled exception of type 'OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception' occurred in
OSGeo.FDO.dll
Additional information: Connect failed: Unable to initialize ODBC connection
to DSN for DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=C:\test\Map Suite
Desktop for WinForms App2\Map Suite Desktop for WinForms
App2\AppData\Portsmouth_2000.mdb,
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

Now, on my computer environment:
OS: windows 10 Enterprise X64
Office version: Office 2013 X86
Office Access Engine: Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable
X64.

I appreciate for your any help.

Thanks,
Casper. Lee