[Featureserver] permission denied to postGIS

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:36:01 EDT 2007

Well, I don't know if you're gonna believe this, but:

[root at niceguy cgi-bin]# python
Python 2.3.4 (#1, Jan  9 2007, 16:40:09)
>>> import psycopg2
>>> db = psycopg2.connect("dbname=test user=postgres")
>>> print db.status
1

Bam, connected as root.  So, I go into PostGIS.py, and edit the connect line
to:

def begin (self):
     self.db = psycopg2.connect("dbname=test user=postgres")

and....I still get permission denied
I checked my pg_hba.conf:
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

local was set to all/all/trust.  I created a user, granted permissions, and
then specified user=ed in the dsn.  I'm not sure if this is much different
than user=postgres, but they both still gave me permission denied.

So, I guess I'll start looking into reinstalling postgres with hopefully
some looser permissioning.

Thanks again.
-Ed