[Featureserver] GeoJSON, setting CRS in FeatureServer/OpenLayers

David E. Reksten der at dod.no
Mon Dec 17 11:35:34 EST 2007

On 17/12/2007, Josh Livni <mailing_lists at umbrellaconsulting.com> wrote:
> The changelog for 1.09 notes 'Insert bogus CRS into GeoJSON' - line 35
> of GeoJSON.py does that.

Thanks for the hint, knowing this it was easy to patch GeoJSON.py to
hardcode the (only) CRS we're using here. It seems that the beta
builds of FME 2008 is a bit picky about CRS values, it will only
accept "EPSG", not "OGN" values.

FYI: I had to change the keyword "features" to "members" in line 35 as
well, for FME to accept the GeoJSON string. Very cool to insert
features in your browser using OpenLayers, then read them back with
FME directly from the web service!

This is really impressive stuff folks, keep up the good work! :-)

> I'd expect a patch to read an additional crs or (srid or whatever)
> parameter in the cfg file would be easy, but I'm not sure if that's the
> appropriate place to put that sort of info (What happens your datasource
> has multiple srids, but your query result only displays one?  No idea...)

Why not store (and return) an individual CRS for each feature?

Regards,
David