[Featureserver] issues running featureserver under mod-python

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun May 27 23:37:06 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 08:32:07PM -0700, Matthew Perry wrote:
> On 5/27/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> >Just for the record: featureserver has not been tested under mod_python
> >yet. I appreciate you working through it though, and I'll help
> >you get set up to the best I can :)
>
> Thanks for the help. I think I'll go with CGI for now.

Good deal. I've bumped the priority of mod_python support given that
both you and hobu have tried it and been bitten now, so it shouldn't be
hugely long before it's something I test more regularly: with
FeatureServer, however, the need for mod_python is significantly less
than with TileCache, because the python interpreter startup is a smaller
margin of the total request time.

Still, mod_python is preferably -- all I can say is 'hopefully soon' :)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta