[Featureserver] GDAL/OGR Setup

Steve Larch stevelarch at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:34:55 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm a relative newbie in Python, GDAL/OGR and FeatureServer.  I've been trying to get FeatureServer up and going over the weekend and I've been having a heck of a time with it.  I have a windows xp box with apache 2.2 installed.  I installed Python 2.4 and I've been fooling around with FWTools and various minimalist installs.  When I try to run FeatureServer I'm getting a message about _GDAL not being found.  I can open up a python shell and import it just fine though.

At this point I'm not sure where the problem lies... can anyone give me any suggestions or, better yet, point me towards a step by step tutorial is setting up FeatureServer (Python,GDAL/OGR, Apache.. for dummies)?

Thanks,
Steve