[Featureserver] fs 1.08 under IIS 6

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Oct 7 21:10:24 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 08:17:45PM -0600, Mike Carsella wrote:
> In testing featureserver 1.08 under IIS 6 with:
>
> http://server/fs/featureserver.cgi/scribble/all.atom
>
>  I'm getting the error:
>
> An error occurred: 'fs'
>   File "D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\featureserver-1.08\FeatureServer\Server.py", line 273, in cgiHandler
>     format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, host, post_data, request_method, accepts )
>   File "D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\featureserver-1.08\FeatureServer\Server.py", line 125, in dispatchRequest
>     request.parse(params, path_info, host, post_data, request_method)
>   File "D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\featureserver-1.08\FeatureServer\Service\GeoRSS.py", line 17, in parse
>     Request.parse(self, params, path_info, host, post_data, request_method)
>   File "D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\featureserver-1.08\FeatureServer\Service\__init__.py", line 61, in parse
>     action = self.get_select_action(path_info, params)
>   File "D:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\featureserver-1.08\FeatureServer\Service\__init__.py", line 105, in get_select_action
>     ds = self.service.datasources[self.datasource]
>
> FYI.  The __init__.py file is empty.  There is a __init__.pyc file in the same directory.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?

The TileCache README says this:

When using Tilecache with TMS style requests, you will need to change
your IIS configuration to allow PATH_INFO to be delivered to the CGI
script.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q184320/ provides information
on this topic. If you do not do this, you will get an error message
like:

 "The requested layer (tilecache.cgi) does not exist."

This error is almost exactly the same (and TileCache and FeatureServer
are based on the same codebase at heart). I'd say you should probably
check out that KB article and see if it helps you.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta