[Featureserver] Fwd: postgis connection

Bobby Braswell rob.braswell at unh.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:19:46 EDT 2007

Hi-

Update on my previous question, sorry for not including this piece of
information. This is the error I get when I try to manually upload a
point to my postgis featureserver instance:

% echo '{"id":1, "geometry":{"type":"Point", "coordinates":[[0,5]]}}'
| curl -k -d @- https://portsmouthresponse.unh.edu/cgi/
featureserver.cgi/scribble/
An error occurred: float argument required
   File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/FeatureServer/Server.py",
line 273, in cgiHandler
     format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info,
host, post_data, request_method, accepts )
   File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/FeatureServer/Server.py",
line 137, in dispatchRequest
     result = method(action)
   File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/FeatureServer/DataSource/
PostGIS.py", line 113, in create
     values = ", ".join(self.value_formats(feature)+["SetSRID('%
s'::geometry, %s) " % (self.to_wkt(feature.geometry), self.srid)])
   File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/FeatureServer/DataSource/
PostGIS.py", line 70, in to_wkt
     return "POINT(%s)" % coords_to_wkt(coords)
   File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/FeatureServer/DataSource/
PostGIS.py", line 67, in coords_to_wkt
     return ",".join(["%f %f" % tuple(c) for c in coords])

In particular, I'm not sure what the "float argument required"
message means.

Thanks in advance,
Rob Braswell

Begin forwarded message: