[Featureserver] Installation question

Jan van der Ven j.vanderven at magion.nl
Fri Apr 4 06:20:46 EDT 2008

L.S.,

I am currently researching the best way to present and edit geographical
information. The gispython list pointed me to featureserver, and it does
look like the answers to most of my problems.

The OpenLayers map would be composed of several layers:
- google maps base layer with the terrain
- shape file layer with the owners of the land
- editable layer (currently a shape file) with lines.
- editable layer (currently also a shape file) with polygon (rectangles,
mostly)

The shapes in the editable layers are related to objects in Plone. And we
want to display the editable objects differently based on one or more
attributes of the plone object.

The target is CentOS 5.1, Zope 2.10 and Plone 3.0.6, but this can be
changed. We also have Postgres and Postgis installed.

As this is an Intranet application, I was not planning to add Apache as a
front end, but that now depends on the answers you will give on the best
setup and integration with Plone.

And here is the question: what architecture would you recommend?

Kind regards,

--

Jan H. van der Ven

MAGION Industrial Software Solutions

Wolga 5

2491 BK Den Haag

The Netherlands

Mobile : + 31 (0)6 - 55361734

Phone : +31 (0)70-4442770

Fax : +31 (0)70-4442082

E-mail : j.vanderven at MAGION.nl <mailto:j.vanderven at MAGION.nl>

Web : www.MAGION.nl <http://www.MAGION.nl>

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains
information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the
addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you
have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
immediately.

Checked by AVG.
18:36