[Featureserver] D in CRUD not working

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Dec 23 09:23:12 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 09:08:04AM -0500, Yves Moisan wrote:
> > I have no idea what proxy you're using, but the proxy is the problem.
> > Is the code to the proxy public?
>
> A proxy I found on some public site, maybe even your's (or MetaCarta's).
> Here it is :

Right, that's the OpenLayers proxy. It doesn't support DELETE, as you
discovered. (And the docstring does say, quite clearly,
"It supports GET and POST requests."

Making it do so is hard, because urllib doesn't make anything other than
get and post easy, so you have to drop down to the level of httplib.

I'd suggest just using mod_proxy in Apache, or setting up featureserver
on the same origin as your HTML page, personally.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta