[Featureserver] BBOX request throws error for PostGIS

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:39:36 EST 2008

Well, I tried.  I downloaded simplejson 1.7 from
http://www.undefined.org/python/
extracted, then I ran python setup.py install

now, without the wfs
(http://pocus.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/featureserver3/featureserver.cgi/GIS)

I get:"
[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/.python-eggs'
The Python egg cache directory is currently set to:
 /.python-eggs
Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory? You can
change the cache directory by setting the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE environment
variable to point to an accessible directory."

Well, I tried making another /.python-eggs directory in another
folder, giving it permissions to everyone, then exporting the
python_egg_cache env variable, but none of it seems to matter:

This is part of ll -a from /root/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root  4096 Feb 11 10:19 .python-eggs

env. variable: declare -x
PYTHON_EGG_CACHE="/usr/local/src/simplejson/.python-eggs/"

and ll -a from /usr/local/src/simplejson/
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root   4096 Feb 11 10:19 .Python-eggs

I tried to print out my environment variable from inside python, but
my python skills are extremely limited and the best I could figure out
it was "none."

I logged in as another user with limited privileges, and checked the
/root/.python-eggs directory.
My network guy is going to freak out, but I do temporarily have full
permissions there.

So, I still can't see why apache doesn't have permission.
And, I've restarted apache many times.

I'm kind of stuck and I know this is a pain but if anyone has any
ideas for this, I would extremely appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Ed