[Featureserver] Fwd: [udig-users] WFS layer from FeatureServer

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:01:37 EST 2008

Hi Christopher,

I understand that a schema has not sense for not some datasource (DBM,
BerkleyDB, SQLite), but would be a big plus for the others (OGR,
PostGIS, WFS, Flickr, Twitter, OSM).

The possibility for FeatureServer user to display some WFS in desktop
client like uDig, QGIS, gvSIG... would be a nice add

I do not think implementing the DataSource-level "schema" method would
be so hard if provided only for the data sources for which would be
useful and for which wouldn't be necessary to iterate every single
feature to collect the attributes

Anyway, I like very much this project, great job! ;-)

Paolo

--
Paolo Corti
http://www.paolocorti.net