[Featureserver] user level cfg?

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Wed Nov 26 08:15:32 EST 2008

Hi there,

what you think about user level cfg-file for FeatureServer?

I've been writing an application where user can upload his/her own shp
or whatever data into FeatureServer. What's bothering me a little is
that everybody can see what others have uploaded into it. I don't mean
that my work would be involved with any top secret data serving, but
some privacy could be appreciated. What I was thinking, is that is it
feasible/possible to construct a FeatureServer with user level cfg?

I don't have any Python experience, so it's quite hard to inspect the
code in order to find out that. Anyone having any comment on this?
Mainly I was thinking about passing an userid with the request like:
...featureserver.cgi?user=bill ... And the procedure would be that FS
would check the bill.cfg to see if there's any datastores defined. If
any userid  weren't attached, FS would use the default featureserver.cfg.

BTW: FeatureServer is cool! So lightweight, still so powerful.

- mika -