[Featureserver] user level cfg?

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Wed Nov 26 09:33:38 EST 2008

Hi Christopher,

from my point of view, personating a web application is user related,
anyway till some extent, even though any authentication, registration,
session management or what so ever would be used. The idea of attaching
userid into the request was something that just came up. It doesn't
close anything else out. Having a possibility to use your own data in
commonly shared webGIS application without any other end-user seeing it,
shouldn't be so strange idea. For example, without getting paranoid, you
might have something confidential geographic data in your possession,
data which your employer don't want you to share. You wouldn't invite
every man walking in the street to your home, would you?

BTW, I'm not a novice in Python, I'm all new to it. But I'll see what I
can do. Anyway, in order system to be dynamic, you also have to create
those files and manage inserting, deleting and updating of the
datastores. But I guess I can do all that with the Perl script I already
wrote for featureserver.cfg editing.

- mika -