[Featureserver] fs namespace undefined for GML?

Tom MacWright macwright at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:18:46 EDT 2008

Hey,
First off - thanks a ton for your work on FeatureServer, it looks like a
great lightweight option to 'fill in the gaps' of an open-source mapping
stack.

I'm working on writing a parser for WFS in PHP (generalized, but initially
targeted to the Drupal CMS), and I've come across an issue: SimpleXML, PHP's
validating parser, rejects the GML output of FeatureServer, and for good
reason: the WFS server included is hardcoded to point to example.com [1],
and there doesn't seem to be a schema definition file anywhere in the
FeatureServer download. I'm wondering - is there a description available
anywhere, or has anyone written one? It seems odd that example.com is
hardcoded into this, and I think it would be a simple-enough thing to patch
(possibly adding another var to featureserver.cfg?), so if that's needed or
wanted, I'd love to pitch in.

[1] WFS.py line 14:
  xmlns:fs="http://example.com/featureserver"

Thanks for any help or ideas!