[Featureserver] Multipolygon support

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Aug 26 16:01:24 EDT 2009

Le mardi 25 août 2009 à 17:08 -0400, Christopher Schmidt a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 02:06:17PM -0400, Yves Moisan wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of the amount of effort required to
> > get FS to support multipolygons ?
>
> For what use case? Are you able to limit your usage to a specific
> Datasource/Vector Format combination? Do you need read/write? etc.
>
> Doing Multigeoms throughout the code is hard. Doing multigeoms in a single
> path may be trivial, depending on the path.

I realize my request was pretty blunt and I didn't suspect the breadth
of repercussions in the code.  shp2pgsql has a tendency to produce
multipolygons and we always used those geometries out of inertia.

Given the fact it may be hard for FS to support multi geometries as you
mention, I think we will make the effort to use simple polygons, as it
is sufficient for most of our applications.

Thanx,

Yves