[Featureserver] OpenLayers+FeatureServer full transactional example

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 19 11:19:34 EDT 2009

Alexandre Dube wrote:

> I already had a long discuss about FeatureServer + OpenLayers for
> transactional.  Back then, I wasn't able to make it work in the end and
> got back to use TinyOWS :
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@openlayers.org/msg07392.html
>
> Now, I'm really willing to make it work and would really appreciate a
> small example to start from.  If I'm asking the wrong list, please let
> me know.
>
> Regards,

Here's a demo showing what I'm trying to do (1).  I read some
documentation about FS.  I can't figure how to insert/modify/delete
outside OpenLayers.  The manual JSON editing demo (2) shows the uses of
OpenLayers.Ajax.Request instead of protocol.commit().  Is this the
current up-to-date way of editing features with OL+FS ?

(1) http://127.0.0.1:8080/bdga-fs/
(2) http://featureserver.org/demo/json.html

--
Alexandre Dubé