[FeatureServer] How to integrate FS and Django

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Nov 26 10:07:46 PST 2012

On 11/26/2012 09:17 AM, George Silva wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I've been looking into a more robust solution to serve features, hence,
> I've been looking at featureserver.
>
> I've downloaded all dependencies and installed fs on my virtualenv.
>
> How do I start the webserver? Do I need an apache or another webserver?
>
> I'm asking because at first, I'm trying to use a django dev server to serve
> this features.
>
> I could not find in the docs how to start the server.
>
> THanks

I think Featureserver assumes you will run it under an appropriate
server (cgi, fast_cgi, wsgi etc). Yes you could use Apache with the
mod_wsgi module. If you don't want to use apache try gunicorn or uwsgi,
all of these can run both featureserver and django so you won't need to
run django as a dev server.

Note, I think I saw a django add-on a while back to produce a WFS
directly from django. It might also be possible to wrap Featureserver in
django.

Enjoy,
Alex