[FeatureServer] fast drawing of large data amounts

Paul Brossier piem at piem.org
Fri Apr 12 10:12:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to load and draw my travels routes using featureserver.

The original data is a mix of large kml files and daily gpx log files. I
cleaned it up, converted it to geojson and loaded everything in the server.

But it is still a huge amount of data (about 11M in dbm files).

What are the best practice to efficiently serve so much data, being kind
on both the server and the client sides?

Ideally, I guess I would need to implement a Douglas-Peucker algorithm
on the server side to serve less points when the zoom level is small.

Thanks, Paul