[OSGeo Finance] Balance Sheet Summary Q1-Q3

Ken Tamura ken.tamura at autodesk.com
Wed Oct 1 18:58:44 EDT 2008

Thanks Tyler.

Regarding the last question, liabilities are recorded when services/goods have been received (when you owe money because you already received some benefit).

For salaries an hosting, it would only be liabilities if at the end of the month, you had not paid for the current month services.  Since salaries are paid automatically when they are due, there should be no liabilities.  For hosting, it would depend if they are invoice for past or future month.   Overall, quarterly process should include guidelines on how to record liabilities for reporting purposes. Normally, in these cases, it would be determined by criteria such as dollar size and/or significance.

Good to see progress is being made.  Thanks for sharing the report

Ken Tamura
Geospatial Solutions of Autodesk, Inc.
415-507-8313 (w)    415-299-1704 (c)