[OSGeo Finance] Quickbooks, reserve funds...

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Oct 15 20:08:55 EDT 2008

No, they aren't retained earnings, they are, as Jo said, Liabilities.
They are "things we owe to other people".  (Retained earning are just
this years new equity.)  I'm trying to figure out how a liability
account would interact with things like an invoice from a project
maintainer, paid out of the project pool.  Unlike other invoices, this
one doesn't represent a new liability, since all the project money is
already accounted for as a liability. I wonder of this model isn't a
little beyond the QuickBooks paradigm.

P.