[OSGeo Finance] financial status overview?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Apr 16 05:50:00 EDT 2009

dear all,

I'd like to get an overview of how our projected income for the next
year matches up to our financial commitments.

It occurs to me that due to the recession we may not get a great
sponsorship renewal rate this year. How is it working out so far, and
what kind of commitment do we currently have from our sustaining
sponsor Autodesk?

Outgoing, I am aware of at minimum

- 15K in hosting expenses
- 50K deposit needed for FOSS4G 2009
- 15K deposit subject to budget approval for FOSS4G 2010
- 100K-ish for ED salary and expenses

This adds up to basically what we have in our current account (AFAIK,
i don't have access to quickbooks nor really desire it), which is what
was predicted for this year, that we would run at a slight loss which
would be sustainable.

So it would be great for this committee to have more detail about
sponsorship renewal.

cheers,

jo