[OSGeo Finance] Draft 2008 Financials

Ken Tamura ken.tamura at autodesk.com
Wed May 27 01:21:22 EDT 2009

Two final comments:

1.  final edit:  I would suggest you strike the first word 'profitable' in the FOS4G section and replace it with 'A successful'.  It reads fine without it, and since this is a 'non-for-profit' is sounds better.  Also, the same sentence then could end with "... an important part of OSGEO's annual financial results."

2.  recommendation for this year:  retain at non-for-profit tax accountant to review the accounting entries and classification such that they comply with US fund accounting standards and non-for-profit reporting requirements.  I did a little refresher research and there are a few revenue and expense classifications that we need to validate with a professional accountant. This person can also help prepare for the non-profit status filing.

Ken Tamura
AEC Division of Autodesk, Inc.
415-547-2114 (w)    415-299-1704 (c)