[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices: a FOSS project

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:07:19 EST 2008

Jaykob,

Your project sounds very interesting, please keep us updated with how
you get on.

> I'm working with two netbooks (eeePCs), one as base station and the other
> one as rover. Communication will be over bluetooth or WLAN so pretty short
> baselines (not much more than 100m) have to be considered.
> I'm aiming for an accuracy of about 50cm.

We're thinking about exactly the same using the Openmoko phone,
although we also have a potential supply of Dell Mininotes that could
be used in a similar manner. I like the phone though as everything you
need (hopefully) is all built into the handset :-)

Cheers,

Joseph