[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices: a FOSS project

Jaykob jraible at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 08:58:25 EST 2008

Thank you very much for your interesting answers!
I try to handle your answers in one post.

@John:
Do you have any ideas or suggestions on how to detect cycle slips to improve
your solution?

@rjung:
Do you have any links, papers or even algorithms for ambiguity solutions and
how to initialize the system? I can't really imagine how that works...

@Joseph:
Concerning openmoko: we also have an openmoko phone at my university which I
could eventually test when I still have the time. First I have to develop a
solution for the netbooks and the AEK-4Ts. The question is the RXM-RAW
message. I can't imagine nobody tried to get this message so please post
your results here. I read an U-Blox document which stated that the RXM-RAW
message needs an additional license... Maybe someone should contact the
openmoko developers, they should know it. I'll post it here if I still come
to the openmokos.

@Eugenio:
Your project sounds really interesting as it is almost the same as my work.
Good to know that I'm not alone with all that stuff ;)
I also have an older Ashtech GG24 receiver which I could try out as base
station but it is a single frequency receiver as well.
Is your approach comparable to John's Kinematic software? He's also doing
double differencing but somewhere in the code he states that essentially it
would be single differencing. I didn't get the difference and how these
methods work exactly yet. Maybe you have some interesting links, papers or
algorithms?
Concerning cycle slips, how are you treating those and how do you detect
them?
I'll talk to my tutor but basically I'm very interested in testing your
software and sharing ideas. As he's on his deserved holidays it won't be the
case before mid January though.