[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices:a FOSS project

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Fri Oct 10 16:18:10 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM, John Morris <john at coyotebush.net> wrote:
> I did a zero baseline test with the LEA-4T, and the carrier phase looked
> pretty good.

The AEK-4T kit (which includes the LEA-4T) is $349 from the UBlox site

http://www.abacuscity.ch/abashop?s=142&p=productdetail&sku=60

The LEA-4T module is available separately in the online store for $179

http://www.abacuscity.ch/abashop?s=142&p=hierarchyoutline&hi=2.00&hl=1&hs=1,1,2

I don't have time to look right now they also have an LEA-5T for the
same price -- new and improved??

> The other inexpensive receiver is Thales AC-12. This one provides
> carrier phase within a couple mm. My understanding it is the same GPS engine
> which is used in the Promark II for doing single frequency RTK.

I just phoned Navtechgps.com and they have the development kit for the
Magellan AC12 for $995

When I asked if they sold the module without the full development kit,
 the salesperson refered me to this model called the DG14 for $1995

https://www.navtechgps.com/Shop/equipment/index.asp?strSupplier=33&strSearch=DG14&ApplicationType=&AccuracyLevels=&DifferentialSource=&strSearchCat=0