[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices:a FOSS project

Michael Tandy michaeltandy at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 30 07:15:51 EDT 2009

I have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind...

1. Do you plan to release the source code, and if so, do you know when?

2. How have you found Matlab for real-time processing? I was working
with it a year or two ago, but I found some of the design decisions
(which are great for postprocessing data and making programming
simple) made it difficult to write bug-free, reliable code for
real-time serial processing.

3. In the conclusion you say that goGPS always outperformed low-cost
receivers, and sometimes matched the performance of high-cost
receivers. I note you talk about decimeter accuracy. When goGPS didn't
match the performance of the high-cost receivers, what was the cause?
i.e. are you fixing your integer ambiguities, but incorrectly? Or
leaving them floating? Or is it that even with correctly fixed integer
ambiguities, you find higher noise/poorer tracking/imprecise
time-tagging on the LEA-4T? Or something else entirely?

Thanks,

Michael Tandy