[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices:a FOSS project

Jaykob jraible at gmx.de
Tue May 5 11:28:44 EDT 2009

Hi Eugenio,

maybe I can jump in. I'm currently developing kinematic software for AEK-4Ts
using the GPSTk for my diploma thesis. I'm also reading your thesis, pretty
interesting!
My solution is based on John's solution used in Kinematic (
http://www.precision-gps.org precision-gps.org ).
First I'm getting the nearest epoch, the time of the observation when it
wouldn't have the jitter bias:

  DayTime AntarisMessage::nearestHz(DayTime time, int msgRateHz) const
  {
	   int nSecPerHz = NSEC_PER_SEC / msgRateHz;
	   int nSec = (time.DOYsecond() - floor(time.DOYsecond())) * NSEC_PER_SEC;
	   nSec += nSecPerHz/2;
	   double adjust = nSec % nSecPerHz - nSecPerHz/2;
	   adjust /= NSEC_PER_SEC;
	   return time - adjust;
  }

Then I'm calculating adjustments for the observations:

  DayTime rawTime, epoch;

  // We need to align epochs to nearest HZ for synchronization
  rawTime = rinexObsData.getEpoch(recentEpoch); // raw time read from
receiver
  epoch = rinexObsData.nearestHz(rawTime, msgRateHz); // epoch we need to
align observations to
  double adjust = epoch - rawTime;

  // Adjusting observations
  // D1 = Doppler observation, C1 = Pseudorange observation, L1 = Phase
observation
  double freq = L1_FREQ - D1;
	if (C1 > 0.0)
		C1 += adjust * freq * L1_WAVELENGTH;
	if (L1 > 0.0)
		L1 += adjust * freq;

Don't forget to use the jitter free times (variable epoch) for further
calculations.
Hope I could help you! I didn't really compare the results with the ones
without time correction yet but I'm getting pretty good results so far.